Explore the Best of the Great Lakes!
Sets sail Saturday, June 23 – 29, 2018 with a complimentary reception dinner and sleep-aboard on Friday, June 22. Great Lakes Sailing Co. Captains will be leading the way. You’ll have assistance and guidance all throughout the event.
This is your opportunity to explore the islands, beaches, towns and harbors of beautiful Northern Michigan with the comfort and safety of sailing with others.
All sailors welcome – beginners to ol’ salts! We’ll harbor hop in Grand Traverse and Little Traverse Bays with expected visits to Suttons Bay, Northport, Charlevoix, Omena Bay, Elk Rapid or Old Mission Harbor, Bower’s Harbor and Marion Island. There will be presentations, wine tasting, nature hikes and the “Twisted Sheet Regatta” along the way.
- Day 1 – Suttons Bay – quaint town with art galleries, great restaurants and beaches. Anchoring outside the marina is an option.
- Day 2 – Elk Rapids or Old Mission with the “Twisted Sheet Regatta” along the way. This is a fun, informal regatta race with a humorous awards ceremony afterwards.
- Day 3 – Northport – Jack Klang will meet us there and with one of his nationally recognized sailing presentations.
- Day 4 – Charlevoix – a favorite stop-over in an amazing setting. Explore the town, galleries, beaches and restaurants or even the self-guided walking tour of the famous Earl Young Mushroom Houses.
- Day 5 – Omena Bay – enjoy a private wine tasting at the Leelanau Wine Cellars waterfront tasting room and dinner available at the adjacent “Knot Just A Bar”.
- Day 6 – Bower’s Harbor with a stop over at Power Island – we’ll explore this diverse nature preserve island with a personal tour from the park ranger and then anchor for the night at Bower’s Harbor where a shuttle awaits to take us to the very popular “Jolly Pumpkin”; a historic landmark that is now a brew-pub restaurant in a beautiful setting. On site wine and beer tasting followed by famous perch, whitefish, ribs and other great menu options.
- Day 7 – return to Traverse City (about 5 miles away) at a nice leisurely pace.